Monday 4 February 2013

Why I Started a Blog...

"Why did she start a blog?" Maybe that is what you are thinking right now as you have found your way here. And that is something I asked myself many times before I started it. Why? There are a couple reasons...

1. I am always thinking. I think too much and I think too often. I can often be found staring into space, at the floor, out a window, etc. I have been doing that for 60% of the day since I was a little girl. I've been getting in trouble for it since I was in grade 1. "Jenna, pay attention." "Jenna? Jenna? Woooohooo? Anybody in there?" I was always daydreaming and it continues to be a struggle today. I will be driving somewhere and not know how I got to my destination because I was daydreaming the entire drive. Not safe, I know. But I cannot help it. My brain is always going crazy. I come home from a day at work and I will ramble my mother's ear off for hours later. I needed somewhere to put all these crazy thoughts and stories. 

2. I talk too fast. If you know me longer than today, then you know that I sure can talk. And I can talk really fast. If I have too much to say, then everything comes out of my mouth at super speed. Hopefully this blog will help me think through my thoughts.  

3. I want to share my experiences. I often find myself stumbling upon blogs that inspire me or just make me laugh, and I would love to do that for someone else. I have never seen myself as a good writer. I may be a teacher, but my grammar is never perfect. Sometimes I find myself saying "I seen..." instead of "I saw..." or "I have seen..." (and then continue to kick myself for it). Or I'll type "your" instead of "you're" in my facebook posts. But I like being able to go back on things I have written and remember what I felt then or what I was thinking. When I share an experience in some sort of writing, it gives me an opportunity to reflect on that experience. 

4. I want to share what God has done in my life. Just like everyone else, my life has not always been easy. Maybe your burdens have been worse than mine, or vice versa, but either way, we all have burdens and they affect us all differently. Everyday, I am so thankful for the hope that I have in Jesus Christ :) I haven't always remembered to look to God when I am discouraged, it has been a struggle my entire life. Recently, I started seeing things differently and I want everyone else to see it too because it makes me so excited! 

I hope this blog can bring some laughs and encouragement to all of us. 

-Jenna


No comments:

Post a Comment